Tasty homemade cakes to brighten the day
Birthdays are special. We look forward to celebrating them every year. What is a birthday without a cake? Since going out is not an option, ordering in comes with its risks too, so why not bake a cake at home instead? We bring you these easy recipes that you can whip up from simple ingredients in your pantry.
This is an easy no-bake cake that you can prepare with biscuits and a few other simple ingredients.
- 20-25 Oreo biscuits (Or any other biscuits that are available)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda or Eno
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- Roasted nuts and raisins, finely chopped
- Crush the biscuits to a fine powder. You can use a grinder for this purpose.
- Add the powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda (or Eno), vanilla essence to the bowl and mix it.
- Pour milk to the mixture and whisk till a smooth consistency is achieved. Make sure that no lumps are formed, and the batter is neither too thick nor runny.
- Brush the sides of the cake container (or any aluminium container) with butter and pour the batter. Add raisins on top.
- Preheat the cooker for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cake container and let it cook for 30-35 minutes on low flame.
Note: You can use Hide and Seek, Parle- G, Marie, or digestive cookies as well. Alternatively, you can mix two varieties, preferably plain biscuits with chocolate ones. If you are using sweet biscuits, then less sugar must be used.
Are you celebrating your birthday with your partner or want to bake a cake for yourself? Or do you want to avoid the hassles of baking a full-fledged cake? The Mug cake is perfect for you! You would definitely love the feeling of the moist and gooey chocolate cake melting in your mouth.
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- A small slice of butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Raisins, chocolate chips (optional)
- Take a bowl and add white flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix it.
- Add the butter or vegetable oil and milk. Whisk the batter to a silky texture.
- Pour the batter to a microwave mug and add chocolate chips and raisins on top.
- Let it cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
No-Bake Biscuit Cake:
If you want a delicious cake recipe with no baking hassle, then check out the No-Bake Cake Biscuit Cake.
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
Add the ingredients to a pan on high to low heat and ensure that no lumps are formed. Then add 3 tablespoon butter and keep mixing. Let the mixture boil for 5-7 minutes. Let it cool.
Note: if you do not have cocoa powder, then you can use chocolate-flavoured Bournvita as well.
For the Chocolate ganache:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
On a medium heat flame, add milk, sugar and cocoa powder and stir well. Then add the butter and keep stirring till a smooth, silky texture appears.
In case you do not have cocoa powder, use 8-10 Cadbury Dairy Milk of Rs. 10. Add 8-10 tablespoons of milk to the chocolate and stir on a medium flame.
1. Break the biscuits into tiny pieces in a bowl.
2. Pour the chocolate syrup into the biscuits and mix thoroughly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a greased cake container. Spread the mixture evenly and smoothen the surface. Keep the container in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
4. Take out the frozen cake and now pour and spread the chocolate ganache on the surface. Then let the cake cool down in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
Brighten up your birthday with these simple recipes and have a homely celebration.
Our Most Read Blogs
Goa is the smallest state in India, but on the other hand, it’s the most vibrant place in the country. Surrounded by beaches on one side and mountains on the other, Goa is one of the best holiday destinations in India. Although unofficial, Goa is…
The Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru is one of the most modern cities in India. Most people don’t believe that Bengaluru is home to several historic monuments, but it’s true. The city has done a commendable job of preserving history while moving…
In India, most people associate holidays with summer. Schools and colleges get summer vacation and hence, most families go on outings during this vacation time. Off late, with rising temperatures during summer, it’s getting harder for people to…
The Silicon Valley of India or the IT capital of India, Bengaluru, is one of the largest cities in the country. The city welcomes everyone with open arms, but this, in turn, adds to the chaos and highlighted the need for a smart city, a planned one.