Tasty homemade cakes to brighten the day
Birthdays are special. We look forward to celebrating them every year. What is a birthday without a cake? Since going out is not an option, ordering in comes with its risks too, so why not bake a cake at home instead? We bring you these easy recipes that you can whip up from simple ingredients in your pantry.
This is an easy no-bake cake that you can prepare with biscuits and a few other simple ingredients.
- 20-25 Oreo biscuits (Or any other biscuits that are available)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda or Eno
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- Roasted nuts and raisins, finely chopped
- Crush the biscuits to a fine powder. You can use a grinder for this purpose.
- Add the powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda (or Eno), vanilla essence to the bowl and mix it.
- Pour milk to the mixture and whisk till a smooth consistency is achieved. Make sure that no lumps are formed, and the batter is neither too thick nor runny.
- Brush the sides of the cake container (or any aluminium container) with butter and pour the batter. Add raisins on top.
- Preheat the cooker for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cake container and let it cook for 30-35 minutes on low flame.
Note: You can use Hide and Seek, Parle- G, Marie, or digestive cookies as well. Alternatively, you can mix two varieties, preferably plain biscuits with chocolate ones. If you are using sweet biscuits, then less sugar must be used.
Are you celebrating your birthday with your partner or want to bake a cake for yourself? Or do you want to avoid the hassles of baking a full-fledged cake? The Mug cake is perfect for you! You would definitely love the feeling of the moist and gooey chocolate cake melting in your mouth.
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- A small slice of butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Raisins, chocolate chips (optional)
- Take a bowl and add white flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix it.
- Add the butter or vegetable oil and milk. Whisk the batter to a silky texture.
- Pour the batter to a microwave mug and add chocolate chips and raisins on top.
- Let it cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
No-Bake Biscuit Cake:
If you want a delicious cake recipe with no baking hassle, then check out the No-Bake Cake Biscuit Cake.
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
Add the ingredients to a pan on high to low heat and ensure that no lumps are formed. Then add 3 tablespoon butter and keep mixing. Let the mixture boil for 5-7 minutes. Let it cool.
Note: if you do not have cocoa powder, then you can use chocolate-flavoured Bournvita as well.
For the Chocolate ganache:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
On a medium heat flame, add milk, sugar and cocoa powder and stir well. Then add the butter and keep stirring till a smooth, silky texture appears.
In case you do not have cocoa powder, use 8-10 Cadbury Dairy Milk of Rs. 10. Add 8-10 tablespoons of milk to the chocolate and stir on a medium flame.
1. Break the biscuits into tiny pieces in a bowl.
2. Pour the chocolate syrup into the biscuits and mix thoroughly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a greased cake container. Spread the mixture evenly and smoothen the surface. Keep the container in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
4. Take out the frozen cake and now pour and spread the chocolate ganache on the surface. Then let the cake cool down in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
Brighten up your birthday with these simple recipes and have a homely celebration.
Our Most Read Blogs
The scenic town of Kovalam in Kerala – Why do tourists say, “Let’s stay one more day!”?
It is not often that you visit a spellbinding place on your vacation and decide to extend your stay for another day – all because it could turn out to be an experience of a lifetime. The popular beach destination of Kovalam in Kerala may entice you…
Spend time exploring the vibrant local markets and shopping destinations in Kovalam
Want to be let in on a secret? Kovalam, a quaint town in Kerala, is not only the perfect beach destination but also a vibrant, fun shopping destination!
Kovalam Beach – The perfect spot to start a fantastic trip in God’s Own Country
Whether it be for a workcation, a staycation, a romantic getaway, or a solo trip, Kerala is always on top of everyone's list of travel destinations.
Activities at Kovalam Beach for adventure enthusiasts - Look forward to an exciting beach holiday
The word 'serene' comes to mind when we think of Kerala, but what about 'thrill'? Kerala - especially the Kovalam Beach is chock-a-block with some of India's most enthralling adventure experiences.