Tasty homemade cakes to brighten the day
Birthdays are special. We look forward to celebrating them every year. What is a birthday without a cake? Since going out is not an option, ordering in comes with its risks too, so why not bake a cake at home instead? We bring you these easy recipes that you can whip up from simple ingredients in your pantry.
This is an easy no-bake cake that you can prepare with biscuits and a few other simple ingredients.
- 20-25 Oreo biscuits (Or any other biscuits that are available)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda or Eno
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- Roasted nuts and raisins, finely chopped
- Crush the biscuits to a fine powder. You can use a grinder for this purpose.
- Add the powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda (or Eno), vanilla essence to the bowl and mix it.
- Pour milk to the mixture and whisk till a smooth consistency is achieved. Make sure that no lumps are formed, and the batter is neither too thick nor runny.
- Brush the sides of the cake container (or any aluminium container) with butter and pour the batter. Add raisins on top.
- Preheat the cooker for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cake container and let it cook for 30-35 minutes on low flame.
Note: You can use Hide and Seek, Parle- G, Marie, or digestive cookies as well. Alternatively, you can mix two varieties, preferably plain biscuits with chocolate ones. If you are using sweet biscuits, then less sugar must be used.
Are you celebrating your birthday with your partner or want to bake a cake for yourself? Or do you want to avoid the hassles of baking a full-fledged cake? The Mug cake is perfect for you! You would definitely love the feeling of the moist and gooey chocolate cake melting in your mouth.
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- A small slice of butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Raisins, chocolate chips (optional)
- Take a bowl and add white flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix it.
- Add the butter or vegetable oil and milk. Whisk the batter to a silky texture.
- Pour the batter to a microwave mug and add chocolate chips and raisins on top.
- Let it cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
No-Bake Biscuit Cake:
If you want a delicious cake recipe with no baking hassle, then check out the No-Bake Cake Biscuit Cake.
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
Add the ingredients to a pan on high to low heat and ensure that no lumps are formed. Then add 3 tablespoon butter and keep mixing. Let the mixture boil for 5-7 minutes. Let it cool.
Note: if you do not have cocoa powder, then you can use chocolate-flavoured Bournvita as well.
For the Chocolate ganache:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
On a medium heat flame, add milk, sugar and cocoa powder and stir well. Then add the butter and keep stirring till a smooth, silky texture appears.
In case you do not have cocoa powder, use 8-10 Cadbury Dairy Milk of Rs. 10. Add 8-10 tablespoons of milk to the chocolate and stir on a medium flame.
1. Break the biscuits into tiny pieces in a bowl.
2. Pour the chocolate syrup into the biscuits and mix thoroughly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a greased cake container. Spread the mixture evenly and smoothen the surface. Keep the container in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
4. Take out the frozen cake and now pour and spread the chocolate ganache on the surface. Then let the cake cool down in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
Brighten up your birthday with these simple recipes and have a homely celebration.
Our Most Read Blogs
5 gardens to visit when in the garden city
Bengaluru is quite well-known for its gardens. Amongst the high rises, a multitude of corporate parks and bumper to bumper traffic, the city’s gardens and parks come as a welcome respite to the city dwellers.More
Destination wedding in Chennai
Planning to get hitched in Chennai? Why not have the sea as a backdrop? Why not host your functions at one of the best five star hotels with banquet halls in Chennai? The Leela Palace Chennai needs no introduction.More
Make your dream wedding a reality at The Leela Palace Bengaluru
It is called the big fat Indian wedding for a reason. The rituals and ceremonies of an Indian wedding are a grand affair spanning across days with dances, parties and music and food.More
The Leela properties are the perfect venue for destination weddings
Destination weddings are an 'in' thing. As beautiful as they are, planning one involves a number of factors and things that need to be considered.More