Here is how The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts are embracing the New Normal in Food & Beverage
COVID-19 has impacted most businesses, and the hospitality industry has been no exception. Many hotels and restaurants are still revamping and remodelling their businesses. In light of the current situation, we, The Leela brand have introduced a comprehensive programme for our guests, called ‘Suraksha by The Leela’ in partnership with Bureau Veritas India. Through this programme, we are taking steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests without compromising on luxury offerings. One of the aspects which make us a benchmark in hospitality is the gourmet food served at our world-class restaurants. However, this begs the question - how is it possible to enjoy gourmet food at a restaurant in times of a pandemic? Suraksha by The Leela programme shows you how:
Social distancing practices inside the restaurant
We've kept no stone unturned when it comes to safety. Let’s look at some of the measures taken under Suraksha by The Leela programme:
Social distancing via restaurant seating: A reduced capacity to ensure there is more space between diners to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
E-menu for customers: A digitalized menu that can be viewed by guests on their respective phones for placing their order. A digitalized menu is one way of effectively preventing active transmission.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has suggested that regular hand washing is crucial to prevent infections as germs can easily transfer from the hand to the mouth. That is why hand sanitizers have been made available at different points in the restaurant. Vegetables, fruits and groceries are also thoroughly washed and sanitized. Frequent washing and sanitization of all food contact surfaces and utensils are also being maintained.
Serving immunity-boosting beverages
To keep their immunity up, one should balance their food intake, eating healthy meals and foods from time to time. We’ve got you covered with our immunity-boosting beverages included in our menu. No matter what you order, these drinks will help you stay immune, healthy, and active during your stay.
Hygiene standards in food preparation and disposal
Only the strictest hygiene standards are maintained when it comes to food preparation, storage, and disposal. Our restaurants are adhering to the following safety guidelines:
- Washing of hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before preparing any food
- Using separate chopping boards to prepare uncooked meat and fish
- Cooking food to the recommended temperature
- Keeping perishable items refrigerated or frozen
- Recycling and disposing of food waste in an appropriate and sanitary manner to avoid build-up of refuse
- Mandatory use of PPE kits for the kitchen team to prevent cross-contamination
- Preparation of food in small quantities to ensure the serving of fresh food to guests
- Using fresh ingredients chosen in small amounts to reduce waste
- Washing dishes at 80 degrees Celsius
- Limiting the number of staff in a food preparation area at any one time
Given the recent outbreak of COVID-19, it has become clear that eating out on a regular basis isn’t favourable from the point of view of safety. Luckily, we have made our hotels and restaurants safe with Suraksha by The Leela programme. Thanks to this programme, our guests can wine, dine, and enjoy a meal, all at a safe social distance.