The Mahatma Mandir Convention and Exhibition Centre by The Leela draws inspiration from the life and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi. Spread across 34 acres, it is one of the biggest state-of-art facility in India, uniquely designed to combine a sense of aesthetics, functionality and flexibility. The 20,000 sq.m. of Convention and Exhibition area has an abundance of natural light and airy spaces and is equipped with energy efficient lighting and waste water management. The Leela Gandhinagar which is expected to be completed by early 2019 will be a 300 room 5 star hotel built inside the complex.
- The complex site is spacious enough to handle swift movement of up to 15,000 people.
- The Convention hall has seating capacity of 5000 seats undivided with VIP viewing gallerias.
- There are 4 Seminar rooms (3 with seating capacity of 500 people each and 1 with seating capacity of 1000 people).
- There are 2 large size and 1 medium size Exhibition centres.
- It has 7 hi-tech conference halls and a modern meeting room.
- There are 3 Exhibition halls with column free structure.
- Other facilities include large foyer housing ATMs, Travel Desk, Food Court, Photo Gallery etc.
- The planning and design is done as per green construction technology through use of materials of construction, structural design and services.
- All waste water is treated & recycled for flushing, irrigation, etc.
- It has street lights on hybrid renewable energy.
The Convention Centre:
- Capacity- 5000 seats (undivided) plus VIP viewing galleries.
- Ceiling height of 11m, multi-purpose pillarless air conditioned space of size 60m x 90m.
- Movable partition walls facilitate the division of hall into 3 separate halls.
- Concealed service trenches for electrical & water supply.
- 8 multilingual interpretation booths.
- Movable modular stage pieces, lighting trusses, inbuilt hanging hooks with a capability to hold upto 2 tonnes.
- Plug & play Sound Reinforce System (SRS) facilities.
- Controlled temperature and lighting for thermal and visual comfort.
- Sizeable pantry area.
Seminar Halls, Meeting Rooms & Conference Rooms:
- 4 Seminar Rooms each having a capacity of 500 and 1000 seats
- Video Conferencing
- Projection System
- Plug & play Sound Reinforce System (SRS)
The Exhibition Centre:
- For exhibitions and various other programmes.
- 3 Exhibition halls - 2 large sized and 1 medium sized, pillarless and air conditioned halls.
- Flexible, heavy duty floor for showcasing heavy machinery and other industrial / medical equipments.
- Service trenches with electrical & water supply water based exhibitions.
- Easy plug & play SRS Facilities and telecommunication systems.
- Rest rooms with provision for differently abled delegates / guests.
- Wide alley back of the house service areas to aid swift movement of exhibits and equipment.
- Adequate storage facilities within the Exhibition halls.
- Food Court.